The battery is an energy storage cell whose main function is to start the engine of the vehicle. The accumulation of energy of the battery is made by means of a chemical process between two lead plates and a called liquid electrolyte formed by water and sulfuric acid.
In the batteries with maintenance it is important to verify the level of the electrolyte in each one of the six glasses, that must be a centimeter over the highest part of the plates. In opposite case it will be necessary to add water distilled until reaching the correct level. It is very important not to use water of the faucet because it contains minerals that interfere in the chemical reactions and damage to the plates.
Conventional battery of car.
ASSEMBLY THE BATTERIES OF THE BATTERY CAR:
Clamp (+) of red color: connect the sleeve of isolation of the red clamp in the red load (+) of the battery. Connect the cable with the clamp. Tighten the clamp.
Clamp (-) of black color: connect the sleeve of isolation of the black clamp in the black load (-) of the battery. Connect the cable with the clamp. Tighten the clamp.
The things most important to avoid in the storage of the batteries are:
* Places with direct exhibition to high temperatures (stoves, furnaces, radiators), the greater temperatures to 28°C accelerate the car-unloading of the batteries.
* Avoid that the batteries are congealed, because they will suffer irreversible damages. In very cold climates he is advisable that the batteries are always with load FULL this will avoid the freezing.
Warehouse of batteries from where they are distributed to factories, cooperatives, ironworks,...
procedure of storage of the batteries:
* The batteries must be loaded before storing them. The storage of the unloaded batteries will produce stratification.
* Store his clean batteries, in fresh places and prote'ge's of any type of element. Maintain the superior part of the battery clean; this will avoid short circuits.
* Every month
verify the electrolyte level of his battery and, of to be necessary, complet it with distilled water. This liquid
put it with a densimeter or suitable
container, verifies that the container is clean not to have impurities of
the battery inside. The load state can be verified with an acid siphon.
* During a prolonged storage of the battery it reviews the gravity specifies of the electrolyte and the voltage, when the batteries show a 70% of load less or, is moment for giving load him.
* Always complete the load to Full before returning to use a stored battery.
* For an optimal performance of the batteries before putting in good condition it makes them an equalization.
If it follows these recommendations, will be able to extend the life of its battery considerably. Avoid that the poles and connections receive sulphates. Regularly clean to the poles of the battery and cover with petroleum jelly. If it leads only in short distances, specially if it uses the car in traffic of city, the battery will tend to exhaust itself. Of being thus, it will have to regularly verify the state of load of the battery so that it has a long life. The regular maintenance of the battery increases its effectiveness.
NORMAL SHIPPER - FAST
Some models of shippers of batteries have a selection commutator NORMAL CHARGE - FAST. If the commutator is in the position of NORMAL, the load of the battery will take control of a smaller current and will cost more time. The normal charge is a special process of battery saving.
If the commutator is in the FAST loading position, simple starting batteries in very just a short time can be loaded, so that it is possible to take the car again.
IMPORTANT! The completely unloaded batteries must be recharged with high capacity (Ah), always with the commutator On guard NORMAL CHARGE and during half an hour.
Battery charger of 12 volts of 24 volts with clamps.
The shipper of batteries is equipped with two fuses of security.
The shipper of batteries is protected against overloads by means of a bimetallic switch of line of security.
When disconnecting the plug of the shipper of batteries of the main current, the emergency switch is readjusted of automatic form.
If the clamps contact to each other or if there is an incorrect polarity, the circuit will be interrupted by the fuse.
The fused fuses must be replaced as it is indicated in the instructions to change them.
PROTECT THE BATTERY CHARGE TO THE HUMIDITY AND, MAINLY, IT MANTAINS THE BATTERY IN GOOD STATE.
CHANGE OF FUSES
When it is going to change the fuse of the shipper of batteries, first it disconnects the plug of the main current. Later it clears the clamps of the poles of the battery.
The fuse is located, clearly visible, in the frontal plate.
Such clear the defective fuse (connection of the interrupted fuse) and chage by a fuse of amperes (20 amp.).
In order to change the fuse of the shipper of batteries, it introduces a screwdriver in the space that is left between the fuse and its hollow. Handle uses the screwdriver doing.
Fuses for battery chargers.
CONMUTATOR OF SELECTION OF VOLTAJE
The commutator of selection of voltage 6-12 volt allows to use the shipper with 12 batteries of 6 and volt. or 12/24 volt. The volts of the battery and the one of load always must be the same one.
It's recommendable periodically to review the voltage of exit of the shippers, remembers that a high voltage (overloads) will damage its batteries of irreversible form.
INDICATOR OF CURRENT OF THE BATTERY CHARGERS
Nowadays there are many types of shippers of batteries available. They are denominated by their power output in Amp/Hour, that is what provides the shipper at the beginning of the cycle of load.
When selecting a battery shipper will have to consider that the load amperage must be between 10 % and 13% of the capacity in 20 Hours of the battery.
The ratio of the load of the battery appears in an ammeter that measures the load.
The shipper of batteries will give to a high current when beginning the load. The needle will be in the right part of the ammeter. In agreement it advances the load, the current will be smaller. The needle will fall to the left part of the scale of the indicated ammeter so the load has finished. The battery then will be totally recharged.
Some models of shippers of batteries count on an electronic indicator of load control.
Ammeter to measure of the battery chargers.
INSTRUCTIONS OF USE OF THE BATTERY CHARGERS
Remember that it will have to load the batteries after every period of use. The acid lead batteries do not have memory, do not require to be unloaded thorough before their load.
Before connecting the shipper it sees the polarity of the poles (+, -) of the battery. Also watch the indications of polarity in the housing of the battery.
Verify the electrolyte level of the battery (it unscrews the filled up cork of, impossible in the sealed batteries). Maintain cleared east cork until the charge is completed.
The electrolyte level will have to be 10 mm over the level of the anode of the battery. Fill up only with distilled water (water for batteries of trade name). Prevent the overload, this will bring prepared excessive wearing down of the plates, increase of the internal temperature what implies increase of I gas.
Avoid to load the batteries in closed places and without ventilation.
Important: The liquid electrolyte of the battery is corrosive. Avoid to make contact with enemy with him!
During the load of the battery it is necessary to disconnect all the normal connections to the battery.
Clamps of fused brass for starter batteries.
CONECTION OF THE SHIPPER TO THE POLES OF BATTERY
1) Conect the red clamp (+) to the positive pole (+) of the battery.
2) Conect the black clamp (-) to the negative pole (-) of the battery.
Verify the connection of the clamps to the poles. They are the hooked clamps affluent to the poles?
3) Conect the shipper to the main current with the cable.
¡THE SHIPPER DOES NOT FINISH THE PROCESS OF LOAD OF AUTOMATIC FORM!
Important: IT NEVER DISCONNECTS THE CLAMPS BEFORE DISCONNECTING THE SHIPPER OF BATTERIES OF THE MAIN CURRENT.
4) Disconnect the shipper of batteries of the main current by means of the cable.
5) Disconnect the black clamp (-) of the negative pole
6) Disconnect the red clamp (+) of the positive pole
* To protect the eyes when one operates with batteries and/or acid.
* To protect the hands with rubber gloves when they manipulate acid, the liquid electrolyte is corrosive.
* To use isolated tools when it carries out connections.
* To use good light when it works connected and cleaning batteries.
* Not to smoke where batteries are loaded and avoids to fire.
* For greater information it comuníquese with its supplier.
* Nonloading nonreloadable batteries.
* To load batteries with its closed covers and tightened well.
* To maintain the place of affluent load of batteries ventilated.
* In order to assure the fast dispersion the gases that form during the process of load of the battery, it must unscrew obligatorily, the corks of stuffed of the battery; also it must avoid the fire or the formation of sparks.
* The gases are explosive. Some shippers have parts like commutators or relays that can produces sparks or bridges. For that reason, he does not use the shipper in a garage, You have in a suitable place.
Car battery with all of our components.
CONDITIONS OF GUARANTEE
The guarantee of the shipper of batteries covers failures with the manufacturer like defects of the material. The manufacturer offers a year of guarantee of gratuitous substitution of pieces of the shipper of batteries. They will only be in charge of the client the expenses of transport.
The guarantee of the shipper of batteries does not extend to the necessary repairs as a result of accidents, disassemblings nondone by professionals, damages derived from falls or blows, nonprofessional use or voltage superior to the indicated one.
The guarantee of the shipper does not contemplate, under no condition, the right to indemnification or reimbursement.
Finally we do some very important recommendations to him:
* Give to the unsuitable batteries in a garage or store of batteries.
* It does not throw metallic pieces of PVC or in the normal sweepings of its house.
* Take care of the nature.
* In case that the provision cable was defective, it must be replaced by the manufacturer of same or any authorized technical service or similar qualified person.
* The user does not have to carry out by itself no manipulation in this cable to avoid electrical accidents